Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gymnastics Now vs. Then

I love Gymnastics. By love I mean I am addicted to it like a Drug. In the past couple of days I have taken a look at the evolution of Gymnastics and how Gymnastics was in the 1920s. Boy, was I impressed! After doing research, watching videos, and viewing pictures I personally think that hands down the old school Gymnastics is 10 times that the present day Gymnastics. Old school gymnastics meaning the 1920s to 2000s. Gymnastics back then was way more free style. Of course there were the rules and regulations but I think the dare devil level of their routines were top notch compared to the Gymnasts now. I watched a video on YouTube of old school gymnastics and lets just say that I seen gymnasts doing thing that I don't EVER see gymnasts doing now a days. But I know, no matter what Gymnasts are doing I will always love gymnastics, artistic and rhythmic, and will always enjoy participating in gymnastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment